1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by JRMTL, Jun 12, 2022.

1. JRMTL

JRMTL New Member

I have ready Sarno's Healing Back Pain book one year ago. I saw a lot of results pretty quickly, but there are some things that have lingered and now one year later I have a host of new issues that I cannot seem to find relief from. I definitely believe in Dr. Sarno's theory and I know I am healthy and there is nothing actually wrong with me. But since my pain is still there, I'm starting this program and will meet with a psychologist for EMDR and maybe some other therapies to help me identify and address the stress and trauma that for sure my brain is trying to protect me from.

Doubts or worries? I'm not sure. I guess it's that I'm worried that since I only was able to see partial pain relief with Sarno's book, that I really need to do more work on identifying and addressing my emotions/streesess/trauma. And figuring out what those is so I can address them may be hard. And I think that will be the key to my healing - understanding that these things are causing my pain AND then finding a way to let them go. Some of the triggers I think are things I deal with on a daily basis, so I worry that it will be difficult to find a way through this emotionally and to let it go.

2. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Hello, I'm in day 1, round 2.
    I saw benefits, and I also saw anxiety and fears and rage coming to the surface in other forms of pain. So now my therapist suggested me to start again this program to release more and more.
    Hoper this can help!