1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by bebe6, Feb 22, 2021.

1. bebe6

bebe6 Newcomer

I am so hopeful and encouraged by hearing people's stories of healing. Its been a week since I came across TMS and really started to explore and believe that this is what I am dealing with. I have a lot of fear surrounding my pain and a lot of dramatic health issues throughout my life, starting with a traumatic brain injury at the age of 10. Imaging a life without chronic pain is a big step. I want so badly to believe 100% that I will get to that place, but I have a protective level of doubt so I don't get disappointed again. I have already seen progress which is so encouraging. I have also felt the return of pain and the discouraging and frustrating feelings that come with that. I am worried that I won't be able to do this on my own.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi bebe6, and Welcome!

Your doubts are understandable. So is your progress!:)

For most folks the path with TMS recovery is not a straight line. It is helpful to remember your improvements, perhaps write them down and read them once a day. The many days this program entails means that you'll go slowly, and patiently. The information takes a while to go deep. I think it is already starting for you.

As I read this, I feel compassion for you, and your history of pain and disappointments. I hope you find this compassion for yourself too.

Keep posting responses and ask questions. And good luck in your journey.

Andy