1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Landon Boone, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Landon Boone

Landon Boone New Member

What would life without TMS mean to me?

I think that in one way, of course I'd be happier as a person because I would not have this senseless pain... However, at the same time, I wonder if my self-knowledge would also be impaired considering that TMS therapy makes me address what is actually bothering me in my life.

ssxl4000 likes this.
  2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Good point! In my view, TMS treatment is a lifelong process. I have felt "healed" for over 18 months, but I still spend 10 minutes almost every morning doing "TMS thinking," regardless of whether I have any symptoms. I remind myself of how my brain can create pain in response to stress/emotions, I reflect on anything bothering me and link it to underlying emotions, and I finish by reminding myself of things that are going good in my life. I rarely journal and I do not see a therapist anymore, but I do make a point to practice this type of reflection.

Basically, if you spend months practicing the TMS through process (linking pain to emotions), it should become a habit. Maintain this habit once you feel better to ensure your symptoms remain subdued and your self-knowledge continues to grow. Good luck!

3. Landon Boone

Landon Boone New Member

Well that is the hope.

4. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Yes! If not all, at least the majority of aspects will get built into your mind and become automatic. Like how your treat yourself in your own mind etc. Some small efforts here and there are not so bad considering all the other improvements you will get =)

Good luck @Landon Boone and keep us posted

5. Landon Boone

Landon Boone New Member

I am trying my best to be a believer, but its hard to "choose" to believe something. I know, without a doubt, that I match the personality type for people with TMS and that I show many aspects, pain moving around, not being consistent in what agitates it or its consistency, etc.... But it is so hard to accept something that is not on the mainstream of medicine... I feel like I am betting an awful lot on something that I don't know to be the case.

6. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

True. I was in a different position when TMS what brought to my attention so I´m not going to lie and say I can relate. I had already had many symptoms for +15 years, trying physio therapy, chiropractors (a lot!), doctors etc.
    So when I read "healing back pain" & "the divided mind" by Sarno and listened to Alan Gordons therapy recordings on the TMS site it just made complete sense to me. Because they also explained it scientifically with the oxygen depravation (I´m very scientific as a person).

My advice: Consume information on TMS and start journaling. When I journal I immediately rip the pages into pieces afterwards, because so many awful words and feelings come out I never want anyone to read them. I discovered so much rage, fear and sadness and the words I put down were terrifying. But they are just feelings, not actions. It´s a big difference. Be courageous and have an outlet on those blank pages of what is hidden inside you...

7. Landon Boone

Landon Boone New Member

I am going to do my best to do both of those things.

Hedger likes this.