1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheNewMe, Jan 18, 2021.

1. TheNewMe

TheNewMe Newcomer

I have known about dr sarnos book for a few years now and have perused the pages. But never fully applied the knowledge gained into my daily routine.
    I have, however, begun noticing my pain episodes paralleled big life events. And when I sat down for a more thorough reading of his book, I noticed that I was the exact profile and demographic for someone that would suffer from TMS.
    I am a bit of a perfectionist, have tendencies of OCD, need to be in control, care what others think - all while being ambitious and self critical. I also am non confrontational and tend to hold my emotion inside.
    As I became more open minded and honest with myself, I’ve decide it’s time to reclaim my life. My wife and I are expecting a child this year - and I very much would love to be an engaged father - without letting my pain control my life.
    Looking forward to connecting with others on this thread and in this support network. And welcome any feedback and advice you can share as I start my journey.

JanAtheCPA and giulietta90 like this.
  2. giulietta90

giulietta90 New Member

Hi! Welcome and congrats for embarking on this self discovery journey! :))

This process has been working for me so far. I am still new to it, but I can see reuslts already!

Keep us posted!

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Your child will be fortunate indeed!

4. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Sounds like textbook TMS. If you are not comfortable expressing your emotions to others, make sure you recognize them for yourself through journaling or similar. To accept that part of you, and not repress/suppress.

Congratulations! My advice in the TMS aspect: Make sure you lower your expectations on all other aspects of your life. Your free time, yourself, your wife. Your focus and energy will be elsewhere.
    We have a 1.5 year old and its amazing, but also extremely tough (still, but hear it will improve after a while). It´s difficult to find time and energy for each other, especially if you strive to be an engaged parent.

Good luck!