1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Indigo Rainbow, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Indigo Rainbow

Indigo Rainbow Newcomer

Posting this is a big deal for me & not something I'd normally do but I’m committed to trying to help myself the best I can & so I figure I’ll try to do the posts & stick to the recommended program as best as possible.

I've accepted the diagnosis for most of my health issues but I’m a bit unsure about some health issues as I still think they may be structural from my car accident over a decade ago (e.g. TMJ, vertigo & ear ringing).

In recent years I've had significant amounts of stress & my health has deteriorated significantly. When stress is higher my health is worse, which is something I’ve been voicing for some time.

I’ve only become aware of TMS/PPD late Oct. 2020 & completed the 21 Day Pain Recover Program on this TMS Wiki site about a month ago. It was helpful & my chronic migraine severity & frequency decreased almost immediately, but I’m still experiencing chronic pain 24/7 & some other symptoms too.

There is still a lot of stress around & I haven't been able to do much of this program yet (Day 1 has taken over 1 week, though most of it was writing this, which I am wondering if this is also because I have perfectionist traits which may not be helping things!). I notice when I am doing more frequent TMS/PPD learning/work, plus choosing faith instead of fear, my health seems a bit better.

I'm feeling hopeful for continued improvement though I'm a little scared as feel a bit stuck at the moment but being able to access this program for free is so amazingly appreciated. If it wasn't free I probably wouldn't be able to do it & I am so grateful I have this opportunity.

Hedger likes this.
  2. birdsetfree

birdsetfree Well known member

Hello and welcome! You are doing great in your symptom reduction already. Keep up the self awareness and observations of when your symptoms respond to your different mindsets. This is helpful evidence when going through this difficult journey. Good luck!

3. Indigo Rainbow

Indigo Rainbow Newcomer

Thanks so much for your response.. since posting I've had a major flare up of pain and also the worst migraine symptoms since finding TMS (though still not as bad as prior tho). Really appreciate your words of encouragement especially as I've been back to resting most of the last 2 days. Thank you kindly, will try to look at this as still being on the right track somehow!