1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by möglichkeit1, Dec 27, 2020.

1. möglichkeit1

möglichkeit1 Newcomer

Hello All,

I'm dealing with chronic congestion, especially in my throat. I'm constantly clearing mucus from my throat which impedes my daily life and breathing/eating abilities. Like many, no doctor has found anything wrong. I fully believe in Dr. Sarno's theories and expect to begin getting my life back ASAP.

harperpitt and Baseball65 like this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

HUh.?
    I have some of that too. I never thought to treat it as a TMS symptom. In my case I do have a bunch of scarring from snorting dope for a decade and I usually have blamed it on that, but I need to start paying better attention. Maybe it is another tricky, sneaky TMS symptom.??

3. harperpitt

harperpitt Newcomer

Welcome. Taking the first step is so important. I'm only on Day 5 but I already have noticed some positive changes (and plus, this gives me something to focus on besides feeling scared and sick!). Day by day, little by little, you will notice progress too.

4. möglichkeit1

möglichkeit1 Newcomer

I think it's very possible considering the amount of people who have "structural abnormalities" such as a deviated septum that receive surgery to clear up their nose. My brother got this surgery and his congestion/breathing abilities are the same or worse depending on the day. Sounds like it could certainly be TMS related. It does get tricky because there is no "pain" involved necessarily with the nose, rather inconvenience and annoyance at not having full nostril capacity. I've been told that I have a "severely deviated septum" but do not believe that this is causing my issues. I think one can make an analogy to a herniated disk being blamed for back pain in this circumstance.