1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Eilo, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Eilo

Eilo New Member

Hi everyone,
    I feek lucky to have found TMS wiki and this forum. Just a couple days ago, I had never heard about TMS and now I'm looking forward to the next steps of this program... I'm feeling an urge to know more.
    My story is the following... I'm a french woman, 37 years old, perfectionist and people pleaser... Just the type of personality described by Dr Sarno. I think very few people Saw me angry.... I've been diagnosed with cfs/me a year ago after 6 years of intermittent chronic fatigue. Each crisis happening after a banal nasopharyngitis and lasting for minimum one day to 6 months with various symptoms going from extreme fatigue to muscle weakness to nausea, brain fog, IBS... In between crisis, it always seems to me that I am "cured" as the extreme fatigue vanishes. But each naso pharyngitis seems to be a new trigger and my symptoms come back endlessly, which I feel depressing, having tested mindfulness, various regimes, vitamins, adopted the "you should not do more that what your energy envelopp allows you" theory (the doctor that diagnosed me with cfs told me so)....
    A life without TMS would mean less fear about beeing exhausted, less anticipation and less anxiety, a more active social life, leading projects without the fear of exhaustion.
    I feel confident that this has something to deal with TMS.
    Thanks for reading me, wishing you the best.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    happyliltrees likes this.
  2. happyliltrees

happyliltrees New Member

Thanks for sharing your story. I just watched an informative webinar about IBS for my work as a dietitian. This is the link. I don't know if that is an issue that is currently bothering you.
    Interesting takeaways I got from the talk was that the ultimate goals for a FODMAP diet for IBS was to liberalize your diet as much as possible by testing and only excluding true trigger foods. Also there is a "gentle FODMAP" approach for those that would actually benefit from a less strict approach (inciting less fear/less suspicions around foods). The talk also briefly mentioned alternative methods that gave credence to a mind-body approach and trying alternative therapies (in other words, you don't have to follow a FODMAP diet to treat this syndrome).

That being said I hope you will find relief in all of your symptoms through Sarno's work. Perhaps you won't need this link, but perhaps it's something you can keep in your back pocket.

Eilo likes this.
  3. Eilo

Eilo New Member

Thank you for your answer happyliltrees :)! As a matter of fact I've tried a Fodmaps diet a few years ago. It gave me some clues and good relief. Now I keep some principles in mind in what could be called a " gentle Fodmaps approach" as you mentionned and my IBS is not bothering me so much 90% of the time.
    Thanks again for sharing this video!

happyliltrees likes this.