1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by daniebama, Jun 4, 2020.

1. daniebama

daniebama New Member

I just wrote my osteopath and my fisiotherapist to tell them i am finished with them,that i want to try Dr. Sarno´s therapy because,after a year of lowback pain...i am really TIRED of listening things like "cronic,problem with your back,be careful,the long "don´t do that" list,etc....
    it has been two weeks since i read Dr. Sarn´s books,i read about a lot of people who became pain free after that (not my case at the moment)...but,to be honest,if i found something positive about chronic pain..it´s that your patience becomes strong like a buddhist monk...
    So i start here,and i hope in a future i will be able to say "Ey I am Dani,and thanks to Dr. Sarno´s therapy and this group..i have no pain on my back anymore!!" God,it´s nice jsut to write it down,i cannot imagine what it would be to really feel it...
    thank you

2. kimbob369

kimbob369 New Member

Hi Daniel! You are in the right place! I too just barely found this place a little over a month ago. I have Dr Sarno's "Healing Back Pain" which I hope you have or will read, and am now reading "The great pain Deception from Steve Ozanich.
    UM surgery .. NO.. They tried to get me to have major spine fusion surgery at age 46 due to severe scoliosis of the spine. BEST decision I ever made to decline.So many people have it worse after their surgeries.Today at age 61 I have minimal pain in my back, but am dealing with other pain. Currently, I have been trying to get rid of my feet pain which has been driving me crazy, but from what I have learned one key is to defocus on the body as it is generated in the mind.You will find lots of support in these forums. just read the success stories to be uplifted!

daniebama likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Good luck and don't worry if it takes a while before you notice any progress. Some people feel better right away, some people take months. Either way, the goal is getting to the point where your symptoms no longer scare or worry you. You can do it!

kimbob369 and daniebama like this.