1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Anonymouse, Feb 28, 2020.

1. Anonymouse

Anonymouse New Member

I am beginning my first day of program. After experiencing back pain shoveling snow over a 4 week period, my pain moved to unrelenting sciatica pain. Months of PT did nothing. Nine months later a neurosurgeon confirmed a bulging disc from MRI results. I believed him and here I am 3 months post-surgery with terrible pain still. Prior to shoveling I experienced more stressors in the prior 2 years than throughout my whole life...moves, deaths, family illnesses, major life changes and on and on. My traits are pretty spot-on to be a prime candidate for TMS. I have to admit that I feel this will work for everyone else but I am the exception since the surgeon made me feel that surgery worked for everyone else.?? But I must dismiss my doubts, reprogram my thoughts, and eliminate this pain. My mantra is "Getting better every day!" Thanks for any advice, thoughts and encouragement! (female over 50)

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. glennherriott

glennherriott New Member

I think its normal to feel that it will work for everyone apart from you. I get that too. To get round it, I just tell myself how irrational a thought that is since if its worked for loads of people that is good evidence that it will work for me!

3. Lisa

Lisa Peer Supporter

You’ve taken the biggest step @Anonymouse
    (I’m so sorry for what you’ve been through)

Keep reading and researching. And hold on to that mantra!

Good luck

4. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

At least here on the wiki here, when people tell you TMS treatment worked for them, you're hearing it from the patient and not from a doctor trying to sell you on a surgery. There is no money to be made here, people just want to share their stories and encouragement to help you along. Good luck, and don't worry if you feel doubts for a while. Healing is a journey!

JanAtheCPA likes this.