1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by 13years, Feb 13, 2020.

1. 13years

13years Newcomer

Hello! Just a quick intro. I have suffered with migraines, shoulder, neck and facial pain for about 13 years. The pain is practically daily, some days worse than others and it moves around, I just try to muddle along, but it takes the joy out of my life. Sometimes I feel I have more of a relationship with pain than I do my husband, we’ve been together 10 years. I’m convinced I have TMS. I’ve known for most of those years that my pain is stress related (as no physical cause has been found by drs or MRIs), but not known how to fix it. I’ve felt like my brain is in a jam and doesn’t know how to not be in pain. Finally after coming across TMS I’ve realised what this is. Unfortunately just that knowledge has not helped, I’m still in pain. So I need to retrain my brain. I’m so desperate for this to work, I worry that I won’t achieve outcome independence - anyone felt this way and had success? Anyway Day 1 and I am hopeful. I know how it feels to be in constant all consuming pain, I wish everyone success in their journeys.

Aimee88 likes this.
  2. Cyclist2020

Cyclist2020 Newcomer

Good luck to you! Everyone here is rooting for you. So many others, in various stages of life and pain, have found success, so take heart.

13years likes this.
  3. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

It's very hard to visualize that magical state of outcome independence when you've been in pain for so long, but it's attainable. The structure of the program will help you get there as it's generally not something that happens overnight. I made some quick progress when I started, but it still took over 6 months for me to consider myself at that state with all of my symptoms. The great thing about outcome independence is you don't have to worry that you're messing up if a symptom returns, worsens temporarily, or something new pops up. As long as you can remember that it's not about the symptoms, but rather what they reflect emotionally within you. You can do it!

13years likes this.
  4. 13years

13years Newcomer

Thanks for your replies. That’s really encouraging, :)