1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Woodsy, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Woodsy

Woodsy New Member

I have been battling pain for many years, and saw Dr. Sarno around 14 years ago. I go into pain cycles- symptom imperative. This latest iteration involves the lateral part of my foot, and little toe. I have seen 4 doctors in the past two years when initially there was swelling. I have had X-rays, MRIS, Cat scan and literally the diagnosis has been nothing big. I have had a hard time accepting this TMS diagnosis for the foot issue- swelling, redness, all comes and goes. Some days its tolerable and other days less so. I think about my foot a lot...Of course, feet issues are complicated by shoes and walking. I am very active but have let go of a stronger yoga practice. I also have severe osteoporosis. I am worried that the doctors have missed something- systemic. I can't seem to 100% commit so I am hoping to go through this program. The original incident happened on the day after my 61st birthday, after rejoining the gym after a long hiatus, and going through intense trials to determine whether I had hyperparathyroid- I did. I was getting ready to succumb to Forteo and that scared the crap out of me. And, osteoporosis in and of itself has created fear for me too.