1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dogeeseseegod, Jul 7, 2019.

1. dogeeseseegod

dogeeseseegod New Member

Hello, this is my first forum post and the beginning of my TMS healing journey.

About me, I first developed pain in my lower back over 4 years ago when being handed something heavy and I have had that pain ever since. Over the 4 years I have gone to countless practitioners and tried different modalities all with little or no success.

About 6 months ago I was given Healing Back Pain by my sister who found it in our local library. I read it at the time but decided not to start any program as I had an appointment to see a new practitioner to try a different approach focusing on soft tissue. Now that that has been added to the list of failed treatments I am beginning to accept that my pain has a psychological cause rather than physical. I am not 100% there in accepting it but am working on it and this is part of my attempt to accept the cause of my pain as being caused by TMS.

I am looking forward to working through the SEP, hopefully eradicating the pain and learning about my unconscious and emotions.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome dogeeseseegod (great palindrome). In addition to doing the SEP, I recommend reading at least one Success Story every day (or more if they are short :)). And my #1 piece of advice for doing the SEP is to be aware that your negative fearful brain will try to keep you from writing things down when you're doing the exercises. It's a tricksy devil that way. I just gave the same advice to another newcomer, so I'm repeating myself here, but what the heck: I literally could hear my brain telling me "Oh, no, don't write THAT down - that's not important!" or "..that's too embarrassing". Of course, those were the things that helped me uncover old shames and guilts and embarrassments - none of them were at all earth-shattering, but my brain thought they were too dangerous for me to acknowledge. Uncovering them was very freeing, and I still use the techniques I learned then (I did the SEP in 2011) to deal with relapses.

Good luck!

~Jan

3. dogeeseseegod

dogeeseseegod New Member

Jan thanks so much for your reply. It's nice to know that other people are out there and have come through this. You're right about the brain saying not to write things for fear of sounding stupid. Here's to letting go :)

JanAtheCPA likes this.