1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Reme, May 2, 2019.

1. Reme

Reme Newcomer

So, my level of acceptance of TMS....
    I actually have no doubt that this is what's going on.
    Everything I've read and listened to so far brings true.
    I come from a large religious family and was not heard. I was encouraged to be invisible.
    My feelings were irrelevant and I was often told to grow a thicker skin. I have grown up feeling a failure because I didnt go to university. Any achievements were overshadowed by someone else always doing better.
    I went on to marry an alcoholic, who I spent years trying to fix. A 12 step program has helped me get beyond co dependency.... but I remain lonely and frustrated by the lack of emotional support.
    So I tick all Dr Sarmos criteria for this condition. My diagnoses are chronic fatigue and fibro.
    I've been " ill" for over 20 years.
    The pain can be huge....and I can pin point the emotional stress that brings on a flare up.
    It worries me where any released rage would go and who would be affected by it !
    What would life without TMS mean to me ?
    I have struggled to feel part of the world. I've given up a career and am financially dependant on my husband. I cant run easily. I cant function well in the mornings. I feel detached from normal life.
    I would like to sleep well.
    Feel motivated to be up with the day, and pain free.
    I would like to feel normal again.

JulieMTherapy likes this.
  2. JulieMTherapy

JulieMTherapy Peer Supporter

You can absolutely be motivated and pain free! Your feelings are valid. Being told to grow a "thicker skin" is horrible!! We sensitive people, I believe, are stronger if we can view our sensitivity as strength and not weakness. Good luck!

Reme likes this.