1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by BlBryant, Dec 25, 2018.

1. BlBryant

BlBryant Newcomer

Hi all.

I am just now embarking on my journey to "cure" my TMS. I just discovered Dr. Sarno's books, and TMS, just about over a week ago from this writing, as I was battling a recurrence up of my lower back/sciatica issues that I had first experienced over a decade ago. I am through two of Dr. Sarno's books, and a quarter way through the third one. As many people have indicated, I see myself on every page of his book. While I am eager, ready and believe that I have accepted that my symptoms are TMS, I feel like a part of my subconscious may still be clinging on the thought that there may be structural causes only because in a decade, my lower back has "deteriorated," and new structural "abnormalities" have developed in such a long time.

In any event, hoping to go through this program and get rid of the last remnants of the diagnoses stuck in my mind that the traditional physicians gave me.

2. srton

srton Well known member

Hi BlBryant,
    I'm with you and see myself as 100% TMS personality.
    It's hard because a big part of me believes that the work ethic, perfectionism and drive are what makes me successful. It is also what makes me too weak to be able to bend over and pick something off the ground. What a crazy paradox.
    Letting go of the idea that there is something structural or induced by movement/exercise is very hard. I'm trying to keep up my normal activities but often wonder if that's just making it worse - like compulsively pushing myself when obviously my body is in a lot of pain.
    Good luck and look forward to hearing about how your journey progresses,
    srton