1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by RedCloud1, Aug 28, 2018.

1. RedCloud1

RedCloud1 Newcomer

I am a 60 year old female. I am quite active and in excellent health. I play tennis, hike (I live in Colorado), do yoga, ride my bike, etc.

About 2 and a half months ago I started having symptoms of Plantar Fasciitis after playing in a tennis match. We were leaving 2 days later for a 2 week vacation in Italy that included an 8 day hike through the Dolomites. Needless to say it was quite painful. I should also note that before we left, and while we were gone, there was a lot going on with both of our families. So it didn't surprise me at all that it 'took out my foot'!

I absolutely get the mind body connection, but have been caught up in the medical merry-g0-round trying acupuncture, oral steroids, steroid shots, NSAID's, and even cannibas salve (I do live in CO!).

My friend and non-traditional counselor has been talking to me about Dr. Sarno for a few months. I actually bought the book Healing Back Pain back in December. But my 'ego' was convinced that mine was 'different'. However, it has completely taken away everything I enjoy doing!

I watched the YouTube video of the book today and by the end my foot was already feeling better. So I'm in for the long haul. I absolutely believe that this is TMS and am willing to get to the root cause.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  2. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

We are starting our journey at the same time! Wish you well with your journey :)

3. Free of Fear

Free of Fear Well known member

I'm right there with you. That's one of my biggest hold-ups still, so hearing that other people have it too is helpful : )