1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by ValVal, Apr 24, 2013.

1. ValVal

ValVal Peer Supporter

After 6 months of back pain (that seeing a chiro 3x a week for 7 weeks didn't help) I read Sarno's Healing Back Pain last week. I already am seeing an improvement. I skipped the chiropractor this week and instead went back to the gym and took a Spin class Monday and a Pilates class today. I haven't started journaling yet (it feels like I don't want to start looking for trouble!) but I will tomorrow.

I am a people pleaser, who also keeps things in and likes to be in control (or at least appear that way). Also a real perfectionist.

The pain started in the midst of a big home renovation. Most people would be stressed living in the house with husband, a 6 and 4 year old, while having no kitchen, etc... however I took things many steps further by obsessing about every single decision to create my dream kitchen. One positive is that I love it and really feel I accomplished something but I know along the way I really beat myself up with research and constant "work". It was really out of control actually.

Anyway, I'm glad to be here and look forward to saying goodbye to pain.

valerie likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Well known member

That is awesome that you feel a difference reading Sarno's book. I thought "this is really weird feeling better just reading a book." Get ready for an amazing journey.