1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern U.S.(New York) Daylight Time. It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. D'NiceTMS is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern (now US Daylight Time).
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this link: http://go.tmswiki.org/newprogram
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dberknyy24, Aug 5, 2018.

1. dberknyy24

dberknyy24 New Member

I first discovered Dr. Sarno's books four years ago. At the time, I devoured the books and got the audiobooks on my phone. My pain went away very quickly and stayed away for a while. But now, in the last year it keeps coming back every month or two. I listen to the audiobooks. I read the books. I live in New York City, and I've seen Dr. Ira Rashbaum, who trained under Dr. Sarno, twice. He said I have TMS.

I am fully convinced I have TMS and there is nothing structurally wrong with my back. But I am getting tired of getting attacks. They completely take me out of commission. I cannot even put on my socks.

Some things about me: I'm a 29-year-old who demands a lot from himself. I am a perfectionist and goodist. I am compulsive. I am a sober alcoholic. I have a lot going on in my life: getting married later this year, successful in my career, my family has its issues.

I know I am the type of person who develops TMS, and again, I have no doubt that my back pain is due to it. I just want it to stop. It comes on so suddenly, and then I'm in the throes of it. I read, I listen, I write out fears, etc., and it always takes a week or so to go away.

I'm not sure what to do.