1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Calum, Mar 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Calum

Calum Well known member

I'm back doing this again. I completely healed myself from TMS wrist symptoms a few years ago. Then I promptly forgot about all f Sarno's teachings and went back to living life as I always had and surprise surprise got a boat load more symptoms. Finger and ankle pain stopping me from climbing and hiking in the hills, my favourite activities. I've gone back to journalling and reading books about TMS and the symptoms are almost gone I've been climbing and hiking loads this winter. Its been great! I'm still having a few niggles though and I still get the fear of symptoms when I organise climbing trips and ruminate about what ifs. So I'm starting this program again to give tms the last push it needs so I can live my life fear free =).

hecate105 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

I think it is important to remember that if we have a tms personality/symptoms - even after we heal, we are still likely to exhibit them whilst under stress.. I certainly do. When ANY symptom arises I straight away - 'look for the psychological trigger' - and it is almost always obvious and then can be dealt with. This nips stuff in the bud, as soon as we turn our attention onto the trigger we can find the best way to deal with it. I have found that in the last 2 years I haven't had even one cold/cough/virus. I have started dozens...! But as soon as I feel any sniffle, sore throat or fatigue - I think - 'what is emotionally congesting me?', 'what is it I am not saying that is hurting my throat?' 'what do i need to express?' I try to have these conversations with myself in the morning, then I get up and get on with it... The symptoms all subside, I have become far more assertive, and more in tune with my 'frailties', so i don't 'need' to be sick any more....
    Its something to keep in mind when you are healed again - any symptom can be a tms 'flare'...!

Ellen likes this.