1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by MJH724, Jan 4, 2018.

1. MJH724

MJH724 New Member

I had a book cure back in November after about 11 months of lower and mid back pain. It was a miracle! I couldn’t believe how quickly my pain was gone. I was overjoyed and went back to living my life. Then around mid-December, I had a relapse of pain. I had decided to do some ab and back strengthening exercises for about 10 minutes and then two days later, my pain was back (just typing it out helps me see how ridiculous it is that I believed this could “re-injure” my back). My mind immediately went to all the old methods - ice, rest, etc. I panicked. Then I realized it was TMS again and within a week of reminding myself of the TMS principles and being distracted by Christmas, I was pain free again. Until I went on a four mile hike a few days later.... The pain was back again. I realized I had not accepted the TMS diagnosis 100%, so I’m back to do the emotional/psychological work and hopefully achieve full, lasting healing.

I am, however, in a much better place than I was those awful 11 months. I’m no longer afraid to do a very long list of things that used to terrify me. Yesterday, I picked up and held my three year old son for a few minutes for the first time in over a year. It felt wonderful! I have beat this twice already and I know I can beat it again.

JanAtheCPA and Lynn S like this.