1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Hope2017, Oct 20, 2017.

1. Hope2017

Hope2017 Newcomer

I am excited and hopeful that this new journey I am on will really begin healing. I have had chronic daily pain for 3 years now. Mostly in my lower back and sciatic pain down my leg. I am constantly battling fear and anxiety. Fear of hurting myself, fear that the pain will return. I recently completed the Pain Recovery Program- now onto this one! I am starting to truly believe that this is not a physical issue but a psychological one. Reading Sarno’s book, I feel like I fit the personality type exactly... am ready for empowerment- I am done living in fear!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
    JanAtheCPA likes this.
  2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Hope! In addition to Dr. Sarno and the SEP, one of the things that helped me the most was a little book called "Hope and Help For Your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. Anxiety is such a huge factor in TMS (and may also be a TMS equivalent as well as contributing to the fear/anxiety/pain cycle). I've had anxiety all my life, but this book changed my awareness of it forever - and allowed me to keep it from taking over my life six years ago.

All the best,

~Jan

3. Hope2017

Hope2017 Newcomer

Thanks so much Jan! I will check that out.

4. Rainbowdash

Rainbowdash Peer Supporter

Welcome Hope! SEP is a journey that will take you where you never expected and it will reveal things about you that you "kind of" knew but never had the courage to admit to yourself. And, that's where the miracle happens. I'm on Day 15 today and I can say that I'm almost pain free and for the first time in my life, I feel free. The journey is difficult and the path is sometimes dark and scary, but it is totally worth it. I have had such support from everyone here.

Good luck on your journey. We are all rooting for you! May your healing begin!

5. jml19

jml19 Peer Supporter

I had a short bout with anxiety/panic attacks several years ago and Claire Weekes' book rescued me from all that. A fantastic little book that I read again and again as a reminder that a little understanding can make all the difference.