1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tweetiemom, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Tweetiemom

Tweetiemom Newcomer

I've been suffering since April when I bent down to pick up a pillow and it felt like someone shot me in the back. I collapsed to my knees where I stayed for 12 hours spasming non stop. I've had it before... but this time was the worst. MRI showed arthritis, dessecated L4L5, herniated disc, nerve narrowing. I also have 3 cervical herniations. I've done it all..chiropractor, trigger injections, PT, accupuncturist, ART therapy, stretching..sometimes it helps temporarily but here I am still in pain, still worried that one wrong love will have me flat on my back again... I've read the book but I can't help but be skeptical. After watching the 20/20 video I feel hopeful. But I just can't imagine that this is all mental and it will actually go away! I've suffered from panic disorder for years. What's funny or odd is that I haven't really had a panic attack in almost two years yet I've had more pain issues in that time then I've ever had in my life. Thinking maybe I exchanged one for the other? I had an appt with Dr Ira Rushbaum at NYU but I didn't go. I'm not sure why really. Maybe I thought that it wouldn't help. Maybe because I've read he doesn't have such a great bedside manner? But I think I'm going to rebook my appt. I am sick of living like this. My family (husband and kids) are sick of hearing me complain. I've spent so much time and money and I'm still in pain. Something has got to change.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
  2. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

It sounds to me like you very well could have exchanged one for the other. I did the same thing a couple of years ago. I finally figured it out just about a month ago finding this forum. I hope you're able to take control and take your life back. Best wishes.

3. Tweetiemom

Tweetiemom Newcomer

Thanks so much! I'm in so much pain but I'm pushing myself! I walked 30 mins today. I'm just determined to beat this!!! The fear is just so powerful!

4. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

One thing that helps me with fear is I'll think, 'No feelings last forever.' So say even if something I do increases my pain, given time things will be better again. I get into trouble when I think something will get bad and that means it will stay bad. Keep up the great work!