1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shubhikaum, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Shubhikaum

Shubhikaum Newcomer

Hello,
    I have been suffering from leg pain for almost 2 years that always comes on after I resume working out. However, lately it has been getting worse and comes on after just walking.
    I have read Healing Back pain many times and am convinced that I have TMD but do have trouble accepting the diagnosis.
    I do struggle with fear of the disease more than the current state and everything I think about the pain or discomfort, I get extremely anxious. That is why I think my brain is using the pain as a distraction.
    Any suggestions others have on how to convince yourself of the diagnosis will be helpful

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Shub. You need to increase your belief that TMS repressed emotions are causing your leg pain. I think you do believe, and that fearing the pain is part of the subconscious' way of getting you to discover those hurtful emotions. Have you made a list of your troubles or worries? Dr. Sarno said that often just recognizing these emotions can reduce the pain or take it away.