1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by TheWayBackUp, Jul 12, 2017.

1. TheWayBackUp

TheWayBackUp Peer Supporter

Hi everyone. I am here because I'm at the end of my rope with physical pains. It started when I was 9 and I'm now 36. I was thinking back through my life and just about every day that is a major physical or mental issue going on that seems like it's ruining my day or week. However these things change all the time--as one gets better, the other gets worse. Most notably, I have been unable to walk comfortably for almost a year. The doctors can't see why my pain is so bad. I am not in the mood to go on and on because I've been thinking about all of it for a few weeks now, and looking over the TMS info. I feel that it fits me to a T. Therefore I'm working this program. I want to enjoy my days again. The only doubt I have is that this seems too good to be true. But I believe it will help me. I was listening to some of the audios in the wiki and the way it described that the person didn't have pain when they were doing something enjoyable really hit home. That can happen to me also, especially with my back pain. So I am hopeful.

2. Celayne

Celayne Well known member

Here's to your healing process!beerbuds

TheWayBackUp likes this.
  3. srton

srton Well known member

I agree with the power of having "breaks" in the pain during happy/distracted times! I was brushing my young daughter's hair and just feeling tender with her and WOW all of a sudden I realized that the pain was gone! I felt like it was a lesson - be gentle and kind to your inner child and good things will happen!
    Thanks for sparking this memory, and good luck with your journey!

TheWayBackUp likes this.
  4. Chimpmama

Chimpmama Peer Supporter

I've also had the experience of no pain when doing something that touches my heart. And certainly not always. I'm on Day Two of the SEP and glad to have the structure of it. I so agree with srtlon that being kind to ourselves on this journey is essential. No more beating myself up cuz I haven't figured it out yet!