1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by ebeecroft, Jul 12, 2017.

1. ebeecroft

ebeecroft New Member

I do believe emotions can cause pain, but for some reason I didn't believe it could cause the amount of pain I've been in for the past year. Reading Feelings Buried Alive Never Die was my first introduction into emotions tying back to symptoms in the body. I have had unexplained symptoms in my body for years that randomly show up, then randomly disappear. Usually it took no longer than 2 months and it was centralized to a foot, a shoulder, a hip, etc. This time it started in my sacrum and like a wild fire spread so fast over my entire body before it was out of control, suffering not only from unbelievable pain in my joints, muscles and what felt like every nerve ending in my body. While also experiencing incredible muscle weakness to the point where I couldn't even stand from a seated position. I go from hiking Rim to Rim in a day in May to finding myself flat on my back in July. This will be my Day 1. This is the day I start to embrace my emotions, tend to them and nurture them moreso than trying to treat the symptoms of my pain. Today I will start to tell myself several times a day, that this is emotionally caused and not a physical ailment. I will stop looking for ways to fix the pain except for following this program. I will not obsess with supplements, vitamins, stretches, food, etc. as I have but will instead turn inward to release the emotions that are causing these symptoms. Today I choose to believe this is the resolution and look forward to being outdoors again!

MWsunin12 likes this.
  2. Laleah Shoo Shoo

Laleah Shoo Shoo Peer Supporter

Ebeecroft, yes, what Courage! We are on the same journey....perhaps different details...but the same ;-) blessings xo

MWsunin12 likes this.
  3. ebeecroft

ebeecroft New Member

Thank you Laleah....good luck to you! Here's to staying positive!

MWsunin12 likes this.
  4. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

To both of you: be gentle with yourselves and remember to not let your mind devise a timeline of healing. It will want to count the days. Get off the clock and look at your feelings, but not all day. I found it helpful to look at the trees, the sky, even something as small and intricate as a petal on a flower. Find some simple joys first.

ebeecroft likes this.
  5. ebeecroft

ebeecroft New Member

Thank you for your insight Marcia....appreciate it!