1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Kylin Foster, May 22, 2017.

1. Kylin Foster

Kylin Foster Peer Supporter

Hi guys I started using the TMS approach about 4 months ago when I went to pain mng class and started seeing a Pain psychologist who helped me as well. I am starting SEP today so here is just a little bit about my story. About three years ago after having repetitive yeast infections I started having similar pelvic pain symptoms and I assumed it was another infection. When I discovered it was not the next three years were a mess of many appointments, different doctors,, acupuncture, you name it. I like most people with TMS at the time was lost and miserable. I was and still am in high school. I felt so alone. Doctors told me it might never go away. It could get worse. You may never be able to have pleasurable sex. Don’t wear jeans or thongs. But finally just when I had almost completely lost hope I found a doctor who told me what was going on. Ever since I am committed to looking at my pain physiologically. Sure do I have the thought will this pain ever go away can I heal sometimes? Yeah I do but i recognize that thoughts like that are only perpetuating my pain. I am on healing journey and I still have a ways to go but I have something I hadn’t had in a long time and it feels so good to have it again-hope.

jaumeb likes this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome Kylin,

I am so glad you found this approach, are starting the SEP, and have the encouragement of an MD. You are one of the younger folks to show up here. Your engagement with this kind of inquiry at a relatively early age may mean that you will be a very wise person! Or already are! Good luck in your work. I hope you're patient, and understand that for many it takes time for the "knowledge to go deep." Try to read at least one success story a day, as well as get a book by Dr. Sarno, and read a little every day. Become his student. Let the doubt melt in its own good way.

Andy B

Ellen likes this.