1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by shivana, Apr 26, 2017.

1. shivana

shivana Newcomer

I am so excited and hopeful to be here on this forum and to be starting this program. I have had hip/knee/heel pain for a several years. I have had xrays with just the average 56 yr olds mild arthritis showing up in my knee and hip. I have had a feeling for a long time that this pain was here to teach me something or help me heal something. I have a background in energy work and holistic health modalities. Over the last 3 years I have tried to heal my body with everything from physical therapy to rolfing to energy work and on and on...Nothing and I mean nothing even touched the pain ...in fact it has gotten worse and worse along with me finding other ways to numb the pain through the evening wine and cigarettes and daily advil. It has stripped me of my self confidence and my hope for the life I have and wanted is gettig dimmer. I live on a 10 cre ranch with my horses, dog and cat. Everyday it gets more difficult and exxpensive to be here. I have had to hire people to do many of the things I used to do every day. It feels like this pain is taking away everything that matters to me in my life. I don't even remember how I came across Dr SArno's book now and it's only been a few days but when I read it I just knew that's what this was. I am excited for this journey of healing and to get my life back but even better than ever because for sure I will be grateful for my body like never before.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi and welcome to this TMS forum. We are here to help each other and you will be among new friends. I envy you living on a ranch with horses and a cat, but especially the dog since I adore dogs and am allergic to cats.

You've gone the medical route and nothing serious has been found. Some arthritis at age 56 is common, and Dr. Sarno says that is often not the cause of pain. It's from repressed emotions. I'm almost 87 and healed three years ago from severe back pain that was caused by repressing anger from when my parents divorced when I was 7. I discovered that through journaling in the SEProgram and coming to forgive them. Look into your present emotional stresses and you probably will find that they come from past emotions. Try to enjoy your ranch and spend time with your animals. Keep positive and think up a mantra like "I am feeling better every day. Any pain is not caused by a structural problem, it comes from my emotions."

Is it possible for you to work out "trades" with those who help you?

3. shivana

shivana Newcomer

Thank you Walt for the kind and encouraging words. I am very hopeful and feel like I am on the right track. I look forward to meeting new friends here as well.