1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by bkim24, Apr 9, 2017.

1. bkim24

bkim24 Newcomer

A little about me: I am 28 years old, very active and in good shape. I've always had back problems since a car accident in high school. They would go away for a while and come back every few years or so but never last more than a week.

Recently, the pain had come back in my lower left back but I ignored it and kept going to the gym and playing basketball, going to boxing classes, running, etc. while taking Advil.

4 weeks in and the pain never went away and one day when I woke up, it traveled down to my buttocks and down my leg. I could not stand or sit without constant pain and could only lay down for relief.

The first 2 days I just spent the weekend in bedrest, and since then have been getting up to stretch and do some core exercises but still cannot stand/walk/sit for more than 5-10 minutes without the onset of pain.

It's been about 10 days of pain and I have read Dr Sarno's book which completely makes sense to me to the point where I feel like I am committed to this treatment over anything else.

I plan on discontinuing all stretches/exercises/etc. to heal physically and work on practicing the treatments of TMS.

Summer time is coming up and I have no time for back pain.