1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by capegirl57, Mar 19, 2017.

1. capegirl57

capegirl57 New Member

Day 1 of my TMS journey. I have suffered from chronic pelvic pain for over 5 years now and although I was introduced to Dr. Sarno's books a few years back, it is only recently that I saw a post on FB mentioning how a fellow sufferer of pudendal neuralgia (one of my diagnoses) had success with eradicating her pain. After speaking with her I started my own inquiry through the TMS wiki website. I saw a TMS doctor this past week who confirmed my thoughts. I am ready to do this. I know it will be difficult but I know it is the key to unlocking this horrific daily pain that continues to disrupt my living.

I recognize that I need support and am grateful to found this program and this forum. The last few days the pain seems to have gotten worse - and my journaling and lack of sleep seems to be so confusing. I would so appreciate any advise on how to get unraveled.

I have been using Lyrica for the pain and have desperately wanted to stop. And so I did 3 days ago. I know this might be adding to my anxiety but I know I don't need it. This is a big step for me.

I am also challenged by again, living by myself as my roommate is leaving. My biggest fear is loneliness which predominates my day. Travel is difficult because sitting is so painful. I'm wondering how others deal with the realness of the physical pain.

Thanks for reading. One day at a time . . .

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome to the Forum! So glad that you have found us. You are on the right path and absolutely correct that one takes this journey one day at a time. Just do the SEP and continue to read or listen to books on TMS. That is how one gets "unraveled" to answer you question above.

Keep us informed on how you're doing and ask questions at any time. We are all here to support one another.

3. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Hi Capegirl57, Welcome to the forum. My Advice: Follow the SEP program on this site and ask for advice on this forum like you are doing.

Did you talk to your doctor about how to come off Lyrica? If you didn't, do so. I went on Lyrica when my chronic pain hit. I only took it for 3 months before starting to come off it and I was on the lowest dosage, but I had to do a weaning off process on a schedule my doctor suggested. It's not a drug one can suddenly stop taking. When coming off it, I would argue and reason with myself and my body and the drug. I pictured Lyrica like those cartoon characters of the devil in red with a pitchfork stabbing at me saying, "So you think you can do without me? I'll get you." It helped to picture the 'kick back' from the Lyrica as not real, but merely a cartoon character.
    You might also want to reach out to a therapist who's familiar with TMS to help you with the process of healing and loneliness.
    Yes, one day at a time. Little by little one goes a long way.

4. capegirl57

capegirl57 New Member

Thank you for your advice, EileenS! I so appreciate your candidness about the Lyrica withdrawal. I do I have weaning schedule I talked with in the past with my pain doctor and I've done a bit of research along those lines.

How nice to be supported in such a positive way on this site.

EileenS likes this.
  5. capegirl57

capegirl57 New Member

Thanks so much, Ellen for welcoming me today and for your advice. It helps so much to know there is support so readily accessible.