1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Wclikeman, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Wclikeman

Wclikeman New Member

I originally stumbled onto this website when I was looking for help for my husbands back issues. While I think my husband may suffer from tms, I believe I do suffer from tms. I ordered the mind body connection book and recognized many of the issues I suffered with were probably tms. In my lifetime I have been diagnosed with IBS,have had painful sacroilliac joint issues, and even been given an antidepressant due to mysterious lump in my throat when I was going through a particularly rough time in my life.

The funny thing is now I think I see tms everywhere! But first I will do the work for myself, and then maybe see about enlightening others. Currently my husband believes some of his issues could be tms but he also thinks he has a non tms issue. (just switched jobs after 26 years at same place!) but the best proof may be a pain free wife.

Here's hoping!

2. CMA

CMA Peer Supporter

Welcome aboard Wclikeman. I am restarting the program myself but have read many books and have almost been relieved of a major symptom that I had for over a year just by reading last summer/fall. Now have some other symptoms but I am convinced I need to go through the SEP and keep at it. I am sure it will work for your husband and you as well. Good luck and do keep reading and posting...it helps a great deal

3. gailnyc

gailnyc Well known member

Welcome, Wclikeman! I had a weird lump in the back of my throat feeling once, too, during a particularly stressful time.

4. Wclikeman

Wclikeman New Member

At the time it wasn't funny but in retrospect I think I was literally swallowing my feelings, LOL

5. Leslie

Leslie Well known member

Welcome
    I think "seeing TMS everywhere" is a pretty common response to the information. It's at the forefront of your mind. I know it happened to me. I was about 3 chapters or so into Dr Sarno's The Mindbody Prescription and I had mentally issued my own diagnosis for a long list of folks - myself on line one of course. My goodist/people-pleaser traits all went into high alert. Rather than focus on the personal benefits from the information, I found myself thinking about how I could help this one or that one by sharing what I was learning. The support and encouragement I've received from this forum quickly opened my eyes to see that the person I could best help with this info was myself so I work really hard to keep my focus there. That's not to say that I've kept my new-found education all to myself, but as you already said - we can often be the most help by setting the example.
    Best wishes on your new journey!

veronica73 likes this.
  6. Wclikeman

Wclikeman New Member

very good point Leslie!

7. Lori

Lori Well known member

Hi. I think it's so cool to be able to relate a physical condition to something going on in our lives!

I agree also that when others see how we progress, they may want the same results and make changes themselves!