1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Jackhammer, Feb 11, 2017.

1. Jackhammer

Jackhammer New Member

Congrats for your day 16, and thanks for cutting me a slice of TMS pie that I did not see coming and will hopefully work up an appetite for very soon.
    You had me at "feelings of worthlessness" and then added "extremely sensitive to criticism".

I am very happy to hear you have a dog, the best love available.
    Too many people never get it, and that is sad.
    You said, " I try to imagine myself as my dog sees me". What could be a better pursuit?
    Again, thank you.
    This is my Day 1.
    Jack

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jack. Welcome to the TM healing community. This is where you will learn what it takes to be free of all your pain. The SEProgram helped me to journal about my repressed emotions. They went back to my boyhood and once I did some deep thinking and feeling, my back pain went away.

Here's a good thought to keep all the time:

"You've survived 100 percent of everything in your life so far,
    so there's a very good chance that you'll survive what ever is next."

3. Jackhammer

Jackhammer New Member

Hey Walt! Kind words of wisdom are so welcome right now.
    I just wish I could figure out why I am being so hard on myself!
    Tonight I decided that when I feel the pain, I will just imagine I am a baby in mommy's lap
    getting rocked and coddled.
    My pain is only there when I walk, no pain in sitting, standing, or lieing.
    I have returned to doing daily tasks and gave up all the core and stretching exercises that have ruled my mornings for over 2 years to show myself it is all in my head.
    And I still can do everything but walk.