1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by katesadilla, Feb 7, 2017.

1. katesadilla

katesadilla New Member

So I'm new. I have upper back pain that radiates to my arm. It has spread pretty quickly. Just a month and a half ago, it was just dull pain behind my shoulder blade. Then it moved to my shoulder. Little by little it's moved down to my forearm. It is always there.

I'm a stay-at-home mom of three small children. I need to feel better so I can take care of my family. Unfortunately, I think they also might be some of the reason of my pain. I just don't feel like I can get it all done. I feel like I'm drowning. I can't make them all happy, and I can't keep my house clean. Sometimes I just feel like all my efforts are for naught.

I need help. I need to know how to see the good. I used to be an optimist, but I'm sorely out of practice.

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh my, dear one, you have the hardest job in the world and anyone would be overwhelmed and discouraged. But you are on the right path by starting the SEP. You are carving out some time to take care of YOU. Parenting is a great teacher regarding the need to drop our perfectionist tendencies. Your house doesn't need to be clean and you don't have to be the perfect parent and make everyone happy at all times. Be kind to yourself first and foremost. The SEP will help you with these things. Best wishes on your healing journey........

3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Katesadilla. Ellen is right... you have a busy, responsible life and wanting the house and everything in your life to be clean and to please everyone and make them happy... Is there any way you can get the kids to help you around the house. My sister and I used to "play house" when we were kids. Our mother showed us how to vacuum or boom and dust. As we grew older and approached our teens, we learned to cook, sew, wash clothes, and iron. It kept us busy and we learned that children are part of a family. Everyone pitches in.

4. katesadilla

katesadilla New Member

Thank you, your sweet note made me cry happy tears. Thanks for the validation I so desperately needed.