1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by dree, Sep 24, 2016.

1. dree

dree New Member

so... my level of acceptance about the TMS theory: my rational brain has a hard time accepting that nothing is physically wrong but reading so many success stories from people who had even more severe physical problems and seeing how the TMS was the actual culprit in their case I am slowly accepting that the same is happening to me. I have been in chronic pain for 5 years+, it started on my shoulders moved to my legs now my back and back to my shoulders...
    Nothing serious has been found my medical records thank God. the only thing found were bulging disc three of them. Also very little disc degeneration. A two out of ten degeneration on L5 S1 as per the doctor.

I'm sick and tired of this and I want to give it a go. It's hard to go against what the doctor says but they don't have the final last word about my health... I just have to believe it and go for it. I've ordered DR Sarnos book which will arrive tonight and I'm going to read it through... I still don't have the TMS diagnosis but I'm starting to believe that it's what I have. I hope that if the program on this website I will find relief like most people have and be able to say very soon that I am pain free.

God bless us all

Tennis Tom, JanAtheCPA and Mad like this.
  2. Mad

Mad Peer Supporter

Welcome to your journey! I'm only a few weeks in, but have had an extreme recovery already. Keep hanging around here, read success stories and intros.

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome dree, we're glad you found us!

If you'd like to see what an actual back surgeon has to say about the relationship between back pain and emotional pain, check out Dr. David Hanscom, MD, a back surgeon at Swedish Hospital in Seattle. We have permission to publish his blog posts on our Mindbody Blogs subforum. His Back In Control website is http://www.drdavidhanscom.com/ (Back in Control - David Hanscom, M.D.)

The best thing I ever saw Dr.Hanscom write about is his joy every time a back surgery candidate goes through his program and decides against surgery. It's absolutely awesome work.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

~Jan