1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by kc17, Jul 20, 2016.

1. kc17

kc17 Newcomer

Hello. I'm here because I have nowhere else to go. I'm 28 and have suffered with lower back, pelvic, and butt pain for nearly my entire adult life-going on 10 years in fact. It comes it goes. It has no rhyme or reason. It can last a day or it can last months. I've tried it all and nothing helps. I stumbled across the tms diagnosis through another forum pudendal hope. Thought I would look into it and it sounded reasonable so I bought Dr. Sarnos book. It describes me to a t. I'm a perfectionist. I put too much pressure on myself. I'm the biggest bully I've ever met. I look in the mirror and see nothing but disappointment because all that this pain has taken away from me. After reading the book I'm here to start the program. I know that I must believe in the tms diagnosis 100% for it to be effective and reading the book alone brought me out of a month long flare by just simply providing me with knowledge. Then a week later i was back in pain and I'm struggling to 100% believe. I'm also a nurse and I was trained to equate everything to a physical problem and not emotional. I'm going to keep going though going to get to the bottom of this.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KC. You're going to heal from your symptoms because of belief in TMS causing them. We have all been overdosed on the medical profession and pharmaceutical companies telling us that surgery or pills will cure us, when in fact they often make us worse or even kill us. A new generation of doctors and pharmacists are believing in the emotions causing our pain. You have been conditioned as a nurse to believe all pain is physically caused. Now you are on the right track with TMS. The SEPogram will help you to discover the emotions causing your pains. You are soon going to have a healthier, happier life than you ever thouht possible.

Now when you look in the mirror, don't judge yourself negatively. See the real you... someone who cares for others probably too much. Do what you can for others, but don't forget to love yourself. If you can't do that, at least LIKE YOURSELF A LOT!

When you do the journaling, be sure to write about the good things you have accomplished and the good things you have done for others. Try not to be a perfectionist. I was one, and so were some of my best friends. We made ourselves very unhappy and unhealthy by trying to be perfect. No one can be that good.