1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Looking forward, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Looking forward

Looking forward Newcomer

So it is suggested that I post....am hoping that the program will alleviate the pain in my bulging disc L4, L5 and S1. Have read "Healing Back Pain," suggested by my PT, am doing acupuncture as well and getting ready to interview a Steroid doctor on Friday. This is NOT something I want to do, but need to get back to work. I have been out since May. Apprehensive about going through the emotions yet again but here
    I am. Cry very easily. Am told that perhaps I need to take a look at that.

2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

How do YOU feel about it? Your post comes across as you getting told by others what to do... What do you feel you should do? By going thru the programme you will uncover stuff about yourself and maybe why you are in pain, you can then choose how to deal with it. Connecting our emotions - sadness, anger, etc with events or behaviours from the past are usually at the root of TMS stuff. We have to take the responsibility on ourselves - many of us have been failed by doctors along the way...
    There are many more good books out there too - The Divided Mind by John Sarno i found really helpful. Good luck.