1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by KLB69, Mar 15, 2016.

1. KLB69

KLB69 Newcomer

Over twenty years ago, I recovered from fibromyalgia, using the mind-body connections. However, through the years I've dealt with increasing back pain, joint pain, migraines...well, you know. So obviously, now I know that the muscle pain just shifted to other ailments and disabilities. I've had some actual illness that were not mind-body, but the pain and disability (what makes me check out of life and hole up at home) are TMS.

I thought I had dealt with anger and grief from childhood abuse, but years of therapy did not help enough.

I continued to visit my parents, feeling under pressure to do so, even when I know it made me overeat and hurt all over...but I tried to believe that I was a loving and forgiving person and could handle participating in the illusion of a happy family.

Well, now that I am feeling emotions in my body instead of intellectualizing it all, wow, it hurts, but the hurts don't scare me now. Thank you body for trying to take care of my wounded soul, but now you can relax and know that I am finally listening. We are going to be okay.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, KLB. You have reached a wonderful state of acceptance and are definitely now going to be okay.

The actress Kate Winslet ("Titanic") has some good thoughts to share on mothers...
    I think it applies to both mothers and fathers...

“Every woman has a mother, and every woman will have an issue with that mother and things that mother did or didn’t do. It just depends on how you
    choose to process the lessons that you learned from your own mother.”

3. Gigi

Gigi Well known member

So sorry for your family issues, KLB. I'm glad you've made your way here. I believe this is a place of healing and encouragement. Blessings on your journey.

4. KLB69

KLB69 Newcomer

Hi Walt and Gigi. Thanks for your greetings and encouragement. It helps.