1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1!

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Aaronthemusician, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Aaronthemusician

Aaronthemusician Newcomer

Hi everyone, i'm excited to be starting this structured education program. I'm a drummer, so my hands are everything to me... and for almost 7 months now i've been struggling with an on and off case of "tendonitis" / "carpal tunnel syndrome". When it started I went through PT, wore braces, stopped practicing, and it actually did seem to help, at first, but not fast enough. A friend (another musician) recommended Dr. Sarno's book The MindBody Prescription, and after reading it I was intrigued but, honestly, I was not fully committed. Eventually my symptoms faded away and I resumed my practicing and playing for a couple months. And now my hand is once again painful, tight, tingly, etc... all the same symptoms in the same spots in the same order... and i'm so frustrated, and scared. I've decided to fully commit to the TMS diagnosis this time around, no excuses. My main concern is that the TMS recovery process will take too long, and I'll once again doubt it's validity. Anyways, my journey to happy hands hopefully starts today!

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Aaron,
    I am glad you are here, and I think you will find the help you're looking for. Continue to post your responses and ask questions. I could barely walk for three years, and now I hike and ski and backpack. You can do this. If you get discouraged, do your best to observe this. If there are doubts, name them, observe them, don't believe them, but have compassion for yourself in your suffering. It won't kill you to have doubts or get discouraged. It is a process. So really, there's nothing to fear.
    Andy B