1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Bonnard as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by aleigh, Dec 16, 2015.

1. aleigh

aleigh Newcomer

I have been a John Sarno fan forever and employed his techniques on and off for years. But 2 years ago when I got an acute case of tennis elbow, I didn't recognize it as TMS. I went to acupuncture, tried all different kinds of exercise, even had a cortisone shot. Of course nothing worked. At about the same time I started having this weird nerve like pain down the back of both legs. It is very intermittent, but still concerning. So with the elbows, once it started going from side to side, a light bulb went off and I re-read John's book. Most of that pain went away, but it still sort of lingers a little bit. With the back, that was "different" of course because I had the MRI and xrays to prove it. BUT once the dr. started talking about fusing discs, etc I pulled out the TMS books again and here I am. I am absolutely the TMS personality to a T. I started looking at going to the Rusk Institute for treatment, and that's how I found this group. I am so excited to work the 42 day program and see what happens.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, aleigh. Welcome to the TMS club. Your symptoms moving around is pure TMS. You know you need to discover their emotional causes, which may be repressed anger or other things, or a perfectionist and goodist personality which you may have to modify so as not to put so much pressure on yourself.

My book publisher book says he now has elbow pain and his doctor gave him medication and a sling, but I think it came from stress. He is a perfectionist and a workaholic and just has almost no life away from his computer, working like a lead sled dog. But he doesn't want to hear about TMS.

I hope you get some relaxation as the holidays approach. Keep in mind that you are going to be well. I suggest this positive mantra: "The best is yet to come!"

3. aleigh

aleigh Newcomer

Thanks for your encouragement! I'm sure this program will work. What I didn't mention was that in spite of the pain, I am incredibly active. I paddle a dragon boat 4 times a week and work out 6-7 days a week. I would just like to do it with no pain :)