1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Judy66, Nov 14, 2015.

1. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

Read Healing Back Pain a couple of years ago when I had back pain that just cleared itself so didn't really try his methods, thought fairly convinced. Now excruciating lower back, buttock and left leg pain. Following MRI scan the diagnosis is a prolapsed disc. Currently I'm on physio and pain relief and no improvement whatsoever - pain started 2 1/2 months ago. Pretty convinced by TMS and started journalling about emotional issues several days ago. However, feel on my own, as partner keen to 'move onto next medical stage' - particularly with the 'deadline' of a very long flight to see close family at end of December. So sticking to my guns will be important during this course.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Judy. Your pain very likely came back because you had not been doing any TMS healing techniques, or believing in TMS 100 percent. Medical tests and doctors can make us think our pain is structural, but it often is not. Or the pain may have been caused by our emotions and that is TMS.

I'm glad you have begun the SEP. It will help you discover the emotions causing your pain. Try not to let your partner talk you into believing the disc thing is causing your pain or going onto "the next medical stage."

The long flight to visit family in late December is probably causing your pain or adding to it. Maybe journal about why that visit may be painful to you.

Do "stick to your guns." If that means the SEP, great.

Judy66 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Judy, and welcome to the forum and the SEP! This is an excellent Day 1 post.

Oooh, nice one, Walt! I was thinking the same thing, in fact. (great minds... :D)

Good for you for recognizing this, Judy. Something that will help you is learning to listen to the negative voice in your head - the one that wants to keep you distracted with worries and doubts. Your brain will fight hard to keep repressing what it thinks are dangerous emotions - it's really important to fight back and be willing to look at those things anyway. Mindfulness practices are really really good for this.

We are here to cheer you on!

~Jan

Judy66 likes this.
  4. Judy66

Judy66 New Member

Yes, that rings true - very perceptive. Thanks!

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Jan and Judy. Yes, I think being anxious about that family visit needs some journaling.

In journaling, I discovered I was repressing emotions going back to my parents divorcing when I was seven. They argued a lot, mostly about money, and it was all very stressful to me. journaling helped me to realize they had TMS themselves... Mom had migraines and Dad had back pain. I put myself in their shoes and it helped me to forgive them. Forgiving them led to my back pain going away. Forgiving and accepting people is so important in TMS healing.

I wasn't able to forgive my parents in person, just mentally, since they had both passed on by then. That seemed to be good enough for my subconscious
    mind and it stopped the pain.

Judy, as you prepare mentally for the long flight, think positive and say some positive mantras like "I can do this. It's a piece of cake."