1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1 with a New Purpose

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by jrid32, Feb 6, 2017.

1. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

I have been on this TMS/MBS for about a year now, but have "tried" to heal and never really "let go". I am the prototypical TMS'r - constant pressure on myself, worrier, obsessive, high achiever, "grinder", always need a project to work on, always in my head pushing myself, the need to be accepted, impatient, and I hold my feelings in. Where I have fallen short over the past year is I have been TMSing about TMS! I put so much pressure on myself to heal that I was clogging the process, but the light finally went off a few weeks ago... I am not healing because I am trying so hard to heal; I'm watching the clock; I am obsessing about the process and my pain. Now I am embarking on the SEP program with a whole new perspective. I am going to do this program just for fun...no pressure or worry.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, jrid,. You finally got it! Don't pressure yourself in anything, and for sure not in how fast you heal in TMS.
    Breathe deeply and keep positive. Just relax and keep thinking the pains are from your emotions and they are not structural.