1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Trying again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by nnelg, Jan 3, 2019.

1. nnelg

nnelg New Member

I'm a 67 year old male and I've struggled with chronic health issues all of my life. Almost too many to recite but including prostate, back, ear, skin issues, IBS, MS like symptoms and now Afib, all of which have often led to depression, anxiety and fear. I discover Dr. Sarno about 10 years ago during a severe episode of back pain. I saw myself on the pages of his books and experienced relief. I came to "mostly" believe (is that like mostly dead or mostly pregnant?) that my other issues were symptoms of TMS as well, however, without as much success. This has all been very hard on my wife and family and has taken most of the joy out of life. Whenever something flares up I reconsider TMS, re-read some material, journal, but still worry that "this time it's different". I love to read stories like baseball65 where recovery is almost miraculous but that's not my experience and know that many others are like me. Anyway, I'm going to try and commit to this program and trust that this time it may be different.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi nngelg,

Welcome and I wish you the greatest patience, understanding, and success. I think you're on the right track here. It may be helpful to focus more on learning and consistent inquiry, deepening skills like "thinking psychologically" than to focus on "elimination of symptoms." You can do the program/inquiry daily with absolute assurance of "success" because these are doable tasks. Vs putting pressure on yourself for a certain outcome.

Andy B

3. nnelg

nnelg New Member

Thank you, Andy B, for the response and your insight. Sometimes it seems like we're going thru this alone and any encouragement means a lot.