1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 stuck on diagnosis

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by whofeelslove, Mar 23, 2015.

1. whofeelslove

whofeelslove Peer Supporter

Hello folks
    Even though I've been on a personal journey with the tms theory having read all Dr Sarnos books and currently reading the great pain deception and watched numerous tms videos, I'm still not accepting something about it and I'm still not sure what constitutes accepting it 100% feels like or really means short of saying it out loud or reading the 12 reminders daily and journaling.. So I'm staring the SEP day 1 from scratch.. I'm trying to avoid a steroid injection

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I found it very hard to accept TMS 100 percent, but finally did, through sheer telling my subconscious I did.
    I am 85 and three years ago got severe back pain. It wasn't structural and I leaned about Dr. Sarno and TMS
    so I began attributing the pain to repressed emotions. I found lots of them but mainly from childhood when
    my parents divorced when I was 7. That left me feeling very insecure. When my close friends divorced three
    years ago it must have triggered my boyhood emotions. I had felt like I was part of my friends' family.

I was about 90 percent pain free but withheld about 10 percent TMS belief because I thought the back pain
    was at least partly from aging. It took a while but I finally convinced my subconscious that the pain was
    all from TMS and the pain went away.

So I urge you to keep telling yourself and your subcon that your pain is from TMS.

Don't take a steroid injection. At least that's my advice. You don't need it and it probably wouldn't help anyway,
    at least not in the long term.

You probably still need to do more journaling to discover the repressed emotions causing your pain.
    Good luck and stick with it. Don't discourage or give up.

3. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi whofeelslove,

I think everyone has some doubt. Over time, you just work on what is causing doubt. You learn more about the doubt, address it, and focus on the other parts of the program. Don't let it stop you!

I think it is great that you are starting the SEP. Also check out Alan's program:
    http://www.tmswiki.org/ppd/TMS_Recovery_Program

Good luck!

Andy B.