1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 structured education program

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Muskey1867, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Muskey1867

Muskey1867 New Member

Hi I’m following the structured education program to try and ride my self of TMS specifically the burning in my right foot and prevent or at least deal with any future pain. I like many TMS suffers thought I had a problem with my back when an MRI showed a herniated disc at L5 and S1. I have had pain in my back, leg, foot and neck, although I currently only have pain in my right foot which comes and goes. I thought my life was over, but after finishing reading Dr. Sarno’s books I noticed an improvement. It was like someone untied a rope that was wrapped tightly around my right foot. After just a little understanding about TMS I could feel the blood flow back into my foot, it wasn’t perfect but better. I started sitting again, stopped all medications and treatment and played with my kids which was something I hadn't done in 2 years. Although my pain has decreased and is better it is sill there. I have exercised a bit ie some running and TRX exercises but do worry about hurting myself as my initial pain came on while lifting weights. Thanks for your help and advice.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Muskey1867,

I am glad you've engaged the SEP program. Your story is not uncommon here: a big breakthrough, an improvement, then still some pain and concern. The SEP and other programs at the Wiki are great support. In stories like yours, their is usually an inner call to go deeper. The continuing symptoms urge us to learn more about ourselves, which you will be doing. Many many people have gotten well through these programs.

Andy B

3. Muskey1867

Muskey1867 New Member

Thanks Andy