1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 starting again

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Maow, Sep 14, 2012.

1. Maow

Maow New Member

Day 1 – I’ve been struggling with pain in my hands and shoulders from typing for a couple of years. I’ve also got lower back pain issues and knee problems. I’m young (29) and the pain is holding me back. I have read the healing back pain book and I would say I’m fairly confident in the TMS diagnosis. I fit the perfectionist personality types and the book makes sense to me. I am an extremely doubtful person so its hard for me to say I 100% accept the diagnosis. I read the book about 6 months ago and my pain got a better but it comes and goes. This time around I’m going to make a commitment to my mental health and spend time each day on the education program, meditation, and journaling to uncover my painful emotions I know that I’m repressing.

2. Janna

Janna New Member

I'm in the same place as you....24, just started working a very repetitive computer job a year ago when the pain struck and hasn't gone away, even though I'm completely off the computer at work for the past 6 months, stuck taking incoming phone calls. My pain also comes and goes and I'm committed to make forward progress

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Apparently, today is my day to welcome new Day 1 members! I already welcomed Janna, so Maow, Welcome to you too!

You've come to the right place, and we're here to help. I'm really excited by how many people are discovering the truth about their symptoms. Dr Sarno certainly changed my life a year ago, and doing the Structued Ed Program and joining the forum here are still helping me every day.

Keep posting, and we'll try to keep up!

Jan