1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Donnie, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Donnie

Donnie New Member

I'm starting my journey today. I've been in pain for over a year now and have read about every possible cause of back pain and have seen 5 doctors in the process.. After stumbling across a blog about TMS I started to read more and more and like everyone else, the personality characteristics were right on.. I realize that I have been obsessive over my pain the entire time since I hurt my self. I've had my fits with OCD my entire life, but really struggled when I was 18.. My obsession was with my health (bit of a germaphob).. Well then I became obsessed with weight lifting and working out.. Then I hurt my self lifting and I've been in pain ever sense.

I believe TMS is my problem, I just need to get my subconscious to get that.. When I was at my worst with OCD I spent most of my day thinking about my fears, today I see that I a, doing the same thing with my back pain.. I'm ready to get better although I can say that my pain has not limited anything I have done.. I refused to let it no matter what any dr would say,. But my thoughts are always directed to my pain.. I know what I need to do, I just need the guidance

Here's to day one