1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 SEP

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Frankie1089, Dec 4, 2019.

1. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

Hi. My name is Frank. 8 months ago, I was living a pain free life until I tweaked my lower back one day. Ever since that I noticed my self concentrating and focusing on it. To the point of making it worse. My mom has suffered from chronic Sciatica for over 30 years. Seeing her that way growing up left an impression on me. So when I tweaked my back I totally thought that the same thing was going to happen to me. I was scared! Fast forward I did the MRI. They found a herniated disc L5 S1. Impinging on both sides. Now I was really scared. I have leg pain, my bottom of my feet have pain. I just want my life back.

2. ssxl4000

ssxl4000 Well known member

Hi Frank. If you have not read Dr. Sarno's work so far, I highly recommend it as a supplement to the program here. He was the back pain guru. Your symptoms sound like classic TMS as he would have diagnosed. If nothing else, it's great just to read about the mainstream studies he cites showing little to no correlation between herniated discs and pain. Also, having a close relative who suffered from back pain could definitely make you more susceptible to it, since your brain knows it will probably be easier to convince you of it. Good luck with the program!

3. Frankie1089

Frankie1089 Peer Supporter

Than you so much. I've read 3 of his books. I'm going to do this program. I want my life back.

Hayley and Aimee88 like this.