1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Repeater

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by res19mbx, Jul 23, 2017.

1. res19mbx

res19mbx New Member

So, let's see. I hurt my back in 1997 pushing some plastic bags in a slot. There started a 10 year battle. I did everything as you all have-still the pain persisted. At some point, I read Mind Over Back Pain. I don't remember who gave me that book or told me about it. My back pain went away. I remember being astonished. I saw Dr. Schechter. I bought his workbook and did the journaling with the book. The thing is I stopped doing it. Fast forward to today. I hurt my ankle. A chair fell on it-bruised badly, fluid on MRI, but that was over two months ago. I don't really want a 10 year battle with this. I would like to walk, dance etc. Being stuck in the doctor's office for over two hours led me to read Mind Over Back Pain, the back pain went away again. I told the doctor it disappeared. I still have some ankle pain though, but I am working on the SEP to get rid of that one too. I have bouts of sciatica and am able to curtail them on waking up by doing the technique of observing it like a snorkeler. I love that I can wake up with it, get rid of it and move on. I think I am sick of the pain. I don't need it anymore. I would much rather drive and see my family or take dance lessons or get out of this apartment. You know what I mean?

Dahlia likes this.
  2. Chimpmama

Chimpmama Peer Supporter

I sure do know what you mean!!