1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Reclaiming My Life

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by forheartandsoul, Sep 1, 2021.

1. forheartandsoul

forheartandsoul Newcomer

Reading Dr Sarno's books is like reading my life story ... perfectionist/goodist personality ... always taking care of everyone else ... developed increasing severe and chronic (R) sided sacral and lower back pain which radiated around the hip and into the (R) groin following a fall onto my tail bone in a shopping centre. Spent in excess of $70,000 over thirten years seeing chiropractors, neurologists, neurosurgeons, cranio-sacral therapists, massage therapist, FSM therapist, rolfing therapist, Bowen therapist, medications, herbs, homeopathy, more medications, EFT therapist etc with short periods of relief and then it would come back with a vengeance. Pain was far worse at night and also sitting. Resigned from my job three weeks ago as I couldn't take the pain any longer, plus wasn't getting any sleep at night despite taking hefty pain relief. I believe I definitely have TMS, although I haven't been able to find a TMS physician in Australia to corroborate my belief. I believe this is the only way forward for me to resolve the pain, as I know that I have suppressed rage, fear, anger and sadness which stems from multiple traumatic events beginning in early childhood. I look forward to a pain free life, although I do wonder if I'm too 'emotionally damaged' to ever get to a point where I can say I'm now free.

2. Hedger

Hedger Well known member

Good for you with the realization!

I can relate. Had bi-weekly appointment with chiropractor for years - lots of money.

Sorry to hear.

Sleep is so important. When you start getting your emotions out, and no longer trapped in fight or flight

Wow that´s sounds heavy...

Good luck to you and keep us posted!