1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Day 1 - patrickelvin

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by patrickelvin, Apr 7, 2015.

1. patrickelvin

patrickelvin New Member

HI ALL

DOnt know whether this is the right place to write my day 1 SEP thread .
    ANyway here goes
    HAve read Sarno through twice and made notes , have started day 1 SEP today having done day 0 yesterday . I accept 100 per cent the principles involved but although have resumed all physical exercise and discarded my painkillers I am having mixed success with pain relief . I cant really identify stresses and tensions in my life that are triggering the brain to induce TMS so cant focus on the matters that are causing the brain to react in the TMS way. I was very inpsired by the amazing story of Baseball65 and the three cases feature on the video clip . So I am hoping that will reinforce things and some progress will occur

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Patrick, you have just begun the SEP so just keep going.
    You are bound to feel some pain after resuming physical exercise and giving up your painkillers.
    Be patient with yourself but firm with your subconscious, that your pain is from TMS repressed emotions
    and/or a perfectionist and goodist personality.

Most people with TMS do not heal completely, maybe some do partially, from reading the Sarno books.
    Believing 100 percent in TMS is essential to healing, but most of us need or needed some help discovering
    the cause(s) of our TMS. For many of us, that comes in journaling out our past, even going back to our
    childhood, which you will practice in the SEP.

TMS is a wonderful and very rewarding journey, and the SEP is a great way to take it.

dusty67 likes this.
  3. patrickelvin

patrickelvin New Member

Thanks Walt

did a four hour hike yesterday , pain still there but on day 3 of SEP am still hopeful . Tomorrow off for 12 day hike and am fearful that I will suffer pain through out . I must be positive but just feel its bad timing for my recovery programme to be doin g this massive hike. If I had not read Sarno last week I would be going anyway so nothing to lose the only difference is that I understnd where the pain is coming from and I am not going to take painkillers .

I am cheered by Walts words is that TMS is a wonderful and very rewarding journey

I am taking one of my dogs only TONTO and he will be great company

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Patrick, if I could take a four-hour walk, especially with my dog Annie,
    I would be in heaven. I'm 84 now and not walking as much, and neither is she.

A 12-day hike! Wow, go for it! Don't worry about pain. Tell yourself you don't care.
    That's what I do even on my short walks.