1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 of my TMS Journey

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Andy S, Nov 24, 2018.

1. Andy S

Andy S Newcomer

Hello: My lower back pain has been an ongoing issue for years. I've been to chiropractor, neurosurgeon, orthopedist, had an MRI which indicates L5/S1 herniation / bulging disc. Also tried PT and acupuncture. I read Healing Back Pain the same day I started a round of prednisone and the next day felt 95% better and attributed it to Dr Sarno's book. After the prednisone prescription ended the pain returned so even though I related strongly to the book I "dismissed" it and remained skeptical. I then saw Dr. Raushbaum and he said I have TMS. I'm almost done with the book the Divided Mind and today I started Day 1 of the structured 42 day program. I hope it works for me the pain is very bad. Would like to hear from anybody else who can relate to this. Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2018
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Andy S, from Andy B!

Welcome to the SEP, and the Forum. Many people have succeeded using the SEP. I suggest regular, but not pressured use of these materials, trusting that patience, time, and relaxation around your symptoms ---along with your explorations, will see you through.

Many people have remarkable recoveries from reading Dr. Sarno's book, and some, like you come back to symptoms and need to go deeper, let the knowledge go deeper. Very common.

I think you will learn a lot about yourself in the SEP. Continue to post, ask questions,and know that even if you don't get a lot of responses, you are welcome here.

Andy B

Andy S likes this.
  3. Andy S

Andy S Newcomer

Thanks for the support. Its definitely a journey. For me every morning I wake up with horrible back pain and very stiff. It does get slowly better during the day but not perfect. Its so easy to think its something physical, something that can quickly be surgically repaired because the idea that its something from my unconscious mind that controls the blood flood to my lower back muscles seems crazy. However all of the signs point to me believing in this TMS theory. Day 3 of the Educational program for me tomorrow. Hope you are well.

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Andy S,
    It may undo itself without you ever knowing everything about it. Many people feel they must find "the reason" and that this is hard. This can be a barrier. Gently, with self-compassion...what needs to be known will show itself.
    Andy B

Andy S likes this.