1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 - Nov 1

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Shayne5, Nov 2, 2019.

1. Shayne5

Shayne5 Newcomer

As of today, I am 100% acceptance of the TMS diagnosis. I do not believe it is structural. After 13+ years of back pain, and going to numerous doctors, all types of treatments, and what I have learned from Sarno's books as well as other information I understand about the mind body connection, I completely believe the pain is related to something in the mind.

Aimee88 and JanAtheCPA like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Shayne5, and Welcome!

I get the excitement of your statement, and the surety. I am happy you've found this forum and program. Dig deep, be patient, allow and investigate doubts, ask questions. Good journey to you!

Andy

3. Aimee88

Aimee88 Well known member

Welcome to the SEP, Shayne5. I'm just a few days ahead of you. The view from out here is good, better than it has been in a long time.

4. Shayne5

Shayne5 Newcomer

Can we move ahead and do a few days worth of program in one day?

5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Shayne5,

Yes you can, but part of the process, the way it is structured allows contemplation/ integration, much of which you may not be consciously aware of. Going faster will probably not help you get better faster!

If you want more engagement with the work, are excited or curious, I would recommend listening to popular podcasts, reading success stories, reading Dr. Sarno's The Divided Mind, taking 10 minutes a day to develop a mindfulness practice. In addition you may find it helpful in finding fun and pleasure, or an activity which feels purposeful, contributing or connecting you with others, or re-entering an activity you've been too afraid to do. Follow your satisfaction in whatever way it leads you. There are many things you can do to integrate this work each day including "forget all about TMS and do your life," and come back to the focused SEP the next day. Sometimes less is more because it is self-pressure which creates TMS.

Andy

Jodie86 likes this.
  6. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Welcome @Shayne5, and congratulations for being here. I agree with everything that Andy said.

I'm a huge fan of podcasts, and also of the Calm meditation app. If you go to my profile, I've listed some of my favorite podcasts episodes, including an excellent interview with Andy!